[Kmymoney-devel] [Kmymoney2-developer] Duplicate securities for 2 investment accounts

allan aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Fri Sep 3 02:24:06 CEST 2010

On 02/09/10 23:36, Toan wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 6:11 PM, allan <aganderson at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 02/09/10 23:00, Toan wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I thought this problem is solved but it's showing up again in KMM4. I
>>> have 2 investment accounts. I enter transaction involving IBM stock on
>>> one account. Then in the second account, I want to enter another
>>> transaction with IBM stocks. KMM4 forces me to creat another secutity
>>> IBM. Both shows up in the security list.
>>>
>>> How do I force KMM4 to reuse IBM security I entered previously?
>>>
>>> FYI, I have Kubuntu Lucid (10.04). I use binary KMM4 from the Clay
>>> Weber repository.
>>

>> I think when you create the second security, first of all, enter the
>> same symbol as for the first one. Â You should then be asked do you want
>> to use the same security, and you should affirm that you do. Â I've not
>> done it recently, but that's roughly what's needed.
>
> I did. I enter everything exactly same (using cut and paste). I use
> Tab to move between entries...
> KMM4 still insist on creat a new security.

Before it gets to create a new security, when you entered an existing
symbol in the new investment wizard, you should have received that
question I mentioned.

I can confirm that it does not now work the way it did/should.  In fact,
when I try, I get the following on the console:-
"Object::connect: No such slot
KInvestmentDetailsWizardPage::slotCheckForExistingSymbol(const QString&)
Object::connect:  (sender name:   'm_investmentSymbol')
Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'm_investmentDetailsPage') "

I would submit a bug. (I think you should be posting to
kmymoney-devel at kde.org, by the way.)