[Kmymoney-devel] memos, splits, and duplicated transactions (was re: Bug 249844)

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 2 16:50:03 CEST 2010

I propose moving the discussion of splits and memos to the mailing
list, since the issue is really wider than just the wishlist in but
249844.

I think part of the underlying problem is that we use the term split in
two different but related ways.

(The following description is from my perspective as a user.  If this
does not match what actually goes on behind the scened,  will one of
the developers please correct me.)

A basic transaction has two splits - one in the "from" account and one
in the "to" account.