[Kmymoney-devel] OT - Strange Screen Behaviour

allan aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Oct 18 19:17:12 CEST 2010

For a while, I'd been experiencing system slow running occurring from
time to time, and after reading something from a Google search, I tried
switching window manager from kwin to metacity, and no longer got the
slow downs.

However, after returning to working on the csv plugin, I noticed some
odd behaviour.  When processing an investment test file, which had
several non-standard investment activity types, some of these were
handled correctly, but with the others, the plugin window shifted from
central to top-left corner.  I couldn't see anywhere in the plugin where
I specified screen location, nor anything else to account for this.

It didn't do that originally, so I switched back to kwin, and the plugin
now works as expected.

Is it valid to use metacity with KDE4?  It seems to be allowed.  Anyone
seen anything similar?  Need I be concerned, or is there anything I
should also have done?