[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney- CSV Import - csvconverter-0.2

aga aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Wed May 26 23:19:42 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 26 May 2010 18:19:57 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 1:20 PM, aga <aganderson at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
> > I have produced a new version of my free-standing csv to qif converter
> > program, which, in tar.gz format, is about 420kB in size.  I don't know
> > if the list will accept this, or whether to post direct to SKS?  I'm
> > wondering also if the contrib folder might be a suitable home?
> >
> > The main difference in this version is that it is able to handle some
> > investment activity imports.  There is a bit of a snag in this area, in
> > that qif format, with all its shortcomings, at least had standardised
> > activity types.  I've only so far seen files from two different
> > institutions, and they verge on being free-format.  I've tried to deal
> > with this by having these listed in a resource file that the user can add
> > to if necessary.  This file also remembers 'last directory used', and
> > some previous parameter settings.
> >
> > At Alvaro's suggestion, I produced a plugin version of the original
> > program, which I've been using for a few months.  My next task is to
> > update this plugin.  I don't expect a queue to form, but I'd be keen to
> > hear of any interest from other users.  They both require QT4 and KDE4.
>
> Hello Allan,
> the contrib folder is certainly suitable for the stand-alone version.
> You can send it to me or Thomas and we'll commit it.
>
> The plugin version could go into the main code once it's been
> reviewed. Have you been in touch with Cristian about it?
>
> Thanks for all the work you put into the project!
>
> Regards,
> Alvaro

Hi Alvaro

Here it is!

I haven't spoken to Cristian about it for a while, as I thought it little
point in reviewing the v1 when I was some way along with the stand-alone v2.
I'll now start looking at producing the plugin version of v2 and will send
that to Cristian when ready.   Also, I think he, and you all, had enough on
your plates.