[Kmymoney-devel] Compiling after lineWidth patch

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue May 25 15:20:15 CEST 2010

Hi all,

on Tuesday 25 May 2010 14:59:21 Ian Neal wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> When trying to build current SVN I get:
> > /usr/src/kmymoney/kmymoney/kmymoney/mymoney/mymoneyreport.cpp: In
> > constructor ‘MyMoneyReport::MyMoneyReport()’:
> > /usr/src/kmymoney/kmymoney/kmymoney/mymoney/mymoneyreport.cpp:85:
> > error: ‘lineWidth’ is not a member of ‘KMyMoneyGlobalSettings’
> > /usr/src/kmymoney/kmymoney/kmymoney/mymoney/mymoneyreport.cpp: In
> > constructor ‘MyMoneyReport::MyMoneyReport(MyMoneyReport::ERowType,
> > unsigned int, MyMoneyTransactionFilter::dateOptionE,
> > MyMoneyReport::EDetailLevel, const QString&, const QString&)’:
> > /usr/src/kmymoney/kmymoney/kmymoney/mymoney/mymoneyreport.cpp:127:
> > error: ‘lineWidth’ is not a member of ‘KMyMoneyGlobalSettings’
> > /usr/src/kmymoney/kmymoney/kmymoney/mymoney/mymoneyreport.cpp: In
> > member function ‘bool MyMoneyReport::read(const QDomElement&)’:
> > /usr/src/kmymoney/kmymoney/kmymoney/mymoney/mymoneyreport.cpp:631:
> > error: ‘lineWidth’ is not a member of ‘KMyMoneyGlobalSettings’
>
> Were some changes missed?

No, I got tricked by the same thing. Here's how to fix it:

a) cd into your build directory
b) run 'find . -name kmymoneysettings.h | xargs rm'
c) run make as usual.

The problem is, that there is a leftover generated file that is included but
does not contain the new feature. I am still struggling how to fully solve the
issue for future changes.

To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it;
to mess up your Windows box, you just need to work on it.
Scott Granneman, Security Focus