[Kmymoney-devel] Summary of the IRC meeting 2010-05-20 16:00 UTC

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Thu May 20 22:53:18 CEST 2010

Hello all,
this is a summary of the discussions today at #kmymoney.

Attendants: Cristian Onet, Ian Neal, Alvaro Soliverez (those were the
ones speaking, at least)
- Release of 3.98.1: Just waiting for Thomas to provide. This release
will be the 3.98.0 tarball plus 2 patches. A fix for the past
transaction dialog and a fix for a crash when no account templates are
found. After that, I'll poke the distros to include it in testing
repos.
- Documentation: Skipped because Jack was absent and he is leading the
work on this
- Missing fields: bugs will be filed and reviewed on a case-by-case
basis. There is some concern about the performance implications of
adding some of the fields back.
- Release policy: to prevent some mishaps during the latest releases a
new policy is proposed.
  * Feature-freeze will follow the same schedule as the string-freeze.
  * Starting 1 week before release, every commit has to be
bug-related. Any happy camper will be reverted.
  * 1 or 2 days before release, only compile-breakers can be fixed and commited.
  * Exceptions can be made if they are approved by a majority of
developers, of course.
- After the release of 3.98.1, we'll start the process to move to
extragear. That means sending an email detailing some
development-related aspects of the project, then wait for a week and
move the code to kdereview. 2 weeks or so, if it is ok, we'll move to
extragear.
- For the next 2 months, besides bugs and whatever comes up during
kdereview, we'll focus on removing qt3support. Most of that is related
to lists, which we already have a good experience with. The goal is to
completely remove Qt3Support before the stable release in August. A
list of classes will be done so we can focus our effort on the most
important ones.
- Bugs in sourceforge should be checked for anything that might be
actually a bug in kde4 too, and a bug will be filed in BKO if needed.
This does not include feature requests.

Please, feel free to add anything I may have left out, or that you
feel needs further explanation.

Next meeting: June 3rd, 16:00 UTC, #kmymoney on freenode.net

Regards,
Alvaro