[Kmymoney-devel] cmake errors

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu May 20 08:52:02 CEST 2010

On Wednesday 19 May 2010 21:38:38 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Jack <ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net> 
> > On 2010.05.19 15:27, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> >> on Wednesday 19 May 2010 Jack wrote:
> >> [...]
> >>
> >>> However - line 5 in kmymoney-3.98.0/CMakeLists.txt changed from
> >>> "CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.6)" as of two days ago to
> >>> "CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.6.4)" today.  The only other
> >>> changes are some new png files in the doc directory and differences
> >>> in the kmymoney.po files for pt, pt_BR, sk, sv, and uk.  If I change
> >>> the 2.6.4 to 2.6, then cmake succeeds.
> >>>
> >>> Why did this change, and why would it change the behavior?  Is it
> >>> telling gettext to apply a different policy regarding the apparent
> >>> duplicate target?
> >>
> >> I noticed that using older versions causes trouble in finding the
> >> Kdepimlib stuff and upgrading cmake to 2.6.4 solved that issue. So I
> >> thought it is a good idea to tell people that they need a newer
> >> version for compilation. Of course I did all that in my sandbox w/o
> >> the docs loaded.
> >
> > Well, for the short term, Alvaro's fix seems to work.  However, is
> > there a longer term fix of changing something in the CMakeLists.txt
> > files in the po directories?  Is it that the line
> > ${LOCALE_INSTALL_DIR} ${_po_files} )" really only needs to be someplace
> > once, and not in each one?
> >
> > Alvaro - I'm curious whether you get any feedback from the kde-i18n-doc
> > list, since it seems like something every project with translations
> > should have to face.
> The scripts are actually not in the po directories, but generated
> on-the-fly by the createtarball script.
> Therefore, we have to contact the maintainer of the script.

Seems that others hit that already http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2010-
April/036267.html but it is not really related to our problem :(

So I checked into that.  In fact, 
http://www.vtkedge.org/Wiki/CMake_Policies#Setting_Policies_Individually has 
the explanation what has changed and tells us, why it worked before (cmake 

So the solution for now is to add the line

  cmake_policy(SET CMP0002 OLD)

in the beginning of the main CMakeLists.txt file to force the old behavior. In 
the long run, we should fix the problem in the createtarball script.

I added that one liner to SVN.



Thomas Baumgart

GPG-FP: E55E D592 F45F 116B 8429   4F99 9C59 DB40 B75D D3BA
morphir: so much confusion :S kmake, kdemake, qmake make cmake etc.
logixoul: you forgot cmakekde :)
morphir: and bakemeacake
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 225 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kmymoney-devel/attachments/20100520/7a970080/attachment-0001.sig 

More information about the KMyMoney-devel mailing list