[Kmymoney-devel] OFX Import - Certificates of Deposit

Brendan Coupe brendan at coupeware.com
Wed May 12 06:39:11 CEST 2010

I'm running both the latest 3.97 from SVN and 1.04 from CVS and have been
using KMM for over 4 years.

I have a few problems when I import transactions that involve CDs in both
the new and old versions of KMM.

1) When I import a CD transaction it's treated as a security. Since there
are only stocks, bonds and mutual funds I'm not sure how to treat a CD. It
would be nice to have CD as an option and skip the price lookup.

2) When I import a CD transaction, the share price is shown as $100 instead
of $1.
If I buy $1,000 worth it will show up as 1,000 shares at $100/share.
When this happens the total shown in the balance column is correct ($1,000).
The total shown in the details section at the bottom of the ledger is
correct ($1,000).
The total for the ledger at the bottom of the screen includes the $100,000
not the number shown in the balance column ($1,000).
When I edit the transaction the total in the details section changes to
$100,000 and it is editable.
The corresponding transaction in the brokerage account is correct.

Changing the share price to $1 fixes everything except the ledger total. It
also prevents me from editing the total in the details section if I go back
to edit mode.

If I reduce the number of share by a factor of 100 then everything works.
The problem with this is when I sell the CD it comes back to haunt me.

3) Some times I get the error message below when trying to import a CD.
Short of manually adding the CD name (which is usually unique) I don't know
how to get around this. Why can't KMM add a new security to an investment
account?

----
Brendan

[image: CD_Import.png]