[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney - Matching priority

aga aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Sun May 2 11:54:38 CEST 2010

On Sunday 02 May 2010 07:05:54 Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on Saturday 01 May 2010 aga wrote:
> > On Saturday 01 May 2010 17:10:12 Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > Yes, it should. I have seen it lately too many times, that the payee
> > >  changes its name on the transaction.  The matcher can use some
> > > improvement though.  I will be working in this area after the 4.x
> > > release.
> >
> > This is getting worse!  And I don't think it's me.  It's these same two
> >  items.
> >
> > Item 1)  Sefton - council tax
> > 			- scheduled monthly payment £149
> > 			- next due date 28 April
> > Item 2) NPower - gas
> > 			- scheduled monthly payment £55 (current value, should
>
> now have been
>
> >  £161) - next due date 28 April
> >
> > I downloaded my bank statement via OFX including these two lines -
> > 28 Apr	Sefton 	£149.88
> > 28 Apr	NPower	£161.00
> >
> > Result
> > 28 Apr	Sefton	£161	Scheduled entry matched with NPower D/L entry
>
> for £161.
>
> > 						Bank entry NPower £161
> > 						Your entry Sefton    £161
> > 28 Apr	Sefton	£149.88	not matched
> >
> > So, the NPower download of £161 has been matched with the Sefton schedule
> >  of £149.88.  The Sefton download has not been matched with the schedule
> >  for the same value.  The NPower schedule is shown in grey for 1 May.
> >
> > In brief, the match occurred on different amounts for different payees.
> > I created a fresh file and set up the two schedules and downloaded the
> > OFX file and reproduced the problem.
> >
> > Something's amiss, I think.
>
> Do you have the 'The amount is an estimate because it varies for each
>  payment' turned on for any of them?

Yes, for both.  I've now deselected it and the Sefton one now has matched
correctly.  The NPower one, which should have been entered on 28 Apr, still
has not been entered.  Yesterday, it was greyed and showing yesterday's date
and today it shows today's date.  It's one of a bunch that should have been
entered but haven't.  I see Alvaro's looking at a bug for that.

I must confess that I've probably got the 'estimate' option turned on for most
schedules, and hadn't given any thought to the possible result.  In v9.x and
1.0x, I never saw a problem like this.  Does it just get interpreted as
'accept any old amount'?

Thanks.