[Kmymoney-devel] Bug 235937 -- need some help - Menus disappear after a change to the toolbar

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat May 1 19:26:34 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am looking into this problem in KMyMoney for a while now already, but don't
have a clue what's going on.

The menu structure is given by a rc.ui file and all this works perfect until
the toolbar is modified (e.g. another action added or removed). In that case,
one main menu (Settings) and one context menu are not available anymore. The
call to

  factory()->container("transaction_move_menu", this);

in the object derived from KXmlGuiWindow returns 0 where it did return the
pointer to the KMenu object before the modification to the toolbar was made.

Is there anyone with more KXMLGui wisdom who can help here? Pointers to source
code can be provided if needed. Just let me know.

Life would be so much easier if we could just
look at the source code. -- Dave Olson