[Kmymoney-devel] three of each category?

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 16 23:47:05 CET 2010

Hello,

I just entered a new transaction, and when I got to the category, there
were three entries with the same name.  That led me to actually look at
the  category list - and there seem to be three of each one.  In all
cases I have looked at, two are $0.00 and one has a value.  I am
currently at Version 3.96.1-svn1104156 using KDE 4.3.5 under Gentoo
Linux.

Unzipping the kmy file, it looks like two sets of all categories were
all created last Thursday, 2010-03-11 (also based on account IDs).
I'll look at my backups to see if I can revert without losing too much
else, but I'm curious what might have caused this.  I was probably on a
slightly earlier version last week.  If that will be too painful, is
there an easier way than manually deleting the extra versions?

I don't want to replicate it - and I have no idea how to try, even if I
did.  Do I write this off as "phase of the moon" or is there anything
else to look for?