[Kmymoney-devel] Fwd: Should we add that to the splash screen?

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 11:52:28 CET 2010

On Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 6:15 AM, Fernando Vilas <fvilas at iname.com> wrote:
> On Friday 12 March 2010 06:41:09 Cristian Oneţ wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I also feel that the 'Part of the KDE family' label is appropriate for us.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Cristian
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Alvaro Soliverez <asoliverez at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> > Yesterday there was a post in the Dot about adding labels to KDE
>> > applications. http://dot.kde.org/2010/03/11/come-out-part-kde
>> > We feel part of the community. In particular, I think we have gained a
>> > lot from joining the KDE workflows and processes, and everyone I have
>> > been touch with since have been extremely helpful. They have
>> > definitively made us feel at home all the way through our port to
>> > KDE4, with the move of repositories, new processes, release cycles et
>> > al.
>> > Here is an addition to the splash screen to show that feeling. Thomas
>> > and me are confident that we all feel that way.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Alvaro
> [...]
>
> +1 here. We still have a couple of days before the string freeze.
I know that we are already in string freeze but I really think that we
should consider the suggestion of Markus on Alvaro's blog see
http://soliverez.com.ar/drupal/node/162#comment-229 . It seems
reasonable to remove the "for KDE" part from "... finance manager for
KDE" if we already state that we are a part of the KDE family.

Regards,
Cristian