[Kmymoney-devel] coding style

Jay Woods woodsjay at cox.net
Sun Mar 14 21:41:56 CET 2010

On Friday 22 January 2010 06:40:33 pm Cristian Oneţ wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I was looking at various places in the code and saw that there were
>  different coding styles used all over the place. I was thinking of
>  making the code nicer by having a unique style automatically
>  enforced. We could start by using the kdelibs coding style
> http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Kdelibs_Coding_Style#Artistic_Style_
> .28astyle.29_automatic_code_formatting but with 2 spaces as we did so
>  far. What do you think?

I have found that (by changing the Kdelibs_Coding_Style) that
-------
From: Winterz <winter at kde.org>
To: Woodsjay <woodsjay at cox.net>
  Date: Today 02:18:25 pm

the default indent level in kdelibs is 4 spaces.
please fix.
-------
Winterz isn't too pleased about using 2 spaces. I am unable to resolve
the conflict in standardization (although I also like the 2 spaces). It
is clear that I shouldn't have made the change of spacing that I did. It
has been undone. That kmymoney has a slightly different style should be
noted somewhere probably in the astyle-kmymoney.sh script.

I note in passing that the example astyle command does the change on
*.cc files while the trunk/playground/office/kmymoney/astyle-
kmymoney.sh?revision=1102857&view=markup script does the change on *.c
files. There are no *.c nor *.cc files in kmymoney that I can find and
thus no reason for the shift from *.cc to *.c.