[Kmymoney-devel] Context menu in Qt4 list widgets

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Mar 2 09:08:37 CET 2010

On Tuesday 02 March 2010 08:28:31 Cristian Oneţ wrote:
> În data de Marți 02 Martie 2010 02:52:56 Alvaro Soliverez a scris:
> > On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Cristian Oneţ <onet.cristian at gmail.com>
>
> wrote:

> > > Take a look at kmymoneyaccounttreeview.cpp, there a Qt4 widget uses
> > > the custom context menu signal and it works.
> >
> > Hmmmm, how did you get away with the signal and the slot having the
> > same name? :D

Easy, because the signal method lives in QWidget (which is used by the base
QTreeView-Code) and the slot just overrides this method and lives in our own
widget. That way, moc knows about the signal and the slot and simply uses the
same names. You will have trouble though to emit that signal from within our
code. It simply will not work (as you call the slot method).

> I didn't know there was such a restriction, that's how.

But we can rename our slot to whatever we like.

BTW, just the planning of the test cases helped me
to improve the code a lot. -- Alvaro Soliverez