[Kmymoney-devel] Kmymoney - QIF Import Strangeness

aga aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 02:16:51 CET 2010

In the process of making some changes in my CSV Importer, I produced a QIF
file (which is an optional byproduct).  To cut a long story short, I produced
the qif QString date, from a QDate, without field separators.  On importing
the QIF file, I wasn't asked about the date format and KMM imported the file.

However, the dates were incorrectly decoded, possibly because, as it happened,
all dates in the file were ambiguous.

For instance, 30112009 appeared as 20.09.3011, and 29012010 appeared as
20.10.2901.  The fact that the dates were accepted suggests that KMM does not
insist on field separators, but then in this case, misinterprets the dates.
There were nine dates in the file, all within the above range.

This is on 3.95.