[Kmymoney-devel] OFX plugin now uses KDE Wallet to store passwords

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Jun 26 21:04:59 CEST 2010

Hi all,

as of today, the KMyMoney OFX plugin uses the standard KDE wallet mechanism to
store passwords. Previously, those passwords were stored in cleartext in the
KMyMoney data file or your database backend. So far, we relied on the GPG
encryption to hide this kind of information - which does not help the database
backend.

Existing password settings will still be used. Those of you using a file to
store their data will see a warning when saving to disk that there are still
cleartext passwords and details on how to change things so that they are
stored in the KDE wallet.  It's as easy as opening the account detail editor
and close it by pressing OK and saving the file.

I have tested things here as much as I could and did not encounter any
problems. If you do, please let us know by opening a bug entry on
bugs.kde.org.

Enjoy.

p.s. If someone feels like backporting this change to the KDE3 version:
patches are welcome.

"Hey! I could use Tex!" and I've only gotten to use it a little
so far but it's so far superiour to MS Words "be everywhere do
everything"-ness it's not even funny... (lordSauron)