[Kmymoney-devel] Consistency check quirk

allan aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Jun 26 17:27:26 CEST 2010

On 26/06/10 15:30, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Hello Allan,
> you've mentioned that the consistency check dialog shows a not-neutral
> message when you save.
> That shouldn't happen unless there is a problem with your file.
> In fact, if everything is ok, the message shouldn't show up at all.
>
> Can you run the consistency check manually and post the message that shows up?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Alvaro

Hi Alvaro

When you asked for the consistency check to be run manually, my first
thought was, "How do I do that from the CLI?".  On reflection, though,
you mean, 'as against the new check on saving'?  Of course you do.

Perhaps I misled you.  It's the actual wording on the dialog itself to
which I was referring.  The dialog contain a blue 'I' icon, and the
wording is probably the standard.  It reads "The consistency check has
found some issues in your data. Details are presented below. Those
issues that could not be corrected automatically need to be solved by
the user."  Below that, in the edit box, it says, more reassuringly,
"Finished: Data is consistent."

I had run the check after meddling with the xml file, and when I started
to read the opening, my heart stopped briefly! - then I read on and relaxed.

I just thought that, instead of suggesting, 'There's a problem!', only
to follow it with, 'No there isn't!' is slightly reminiscent of music
hall/vaudeville.