[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney - CSV Importer

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Fri Jun 25 00:31:36 CEST 2010

În data de Joi 24 Iunie 2010 19:49:05 ați scris:
> On 24/06/10 17:27, Cristian Oneţ wrote:
> > În data de Duminică 20 Iunie 2010 15:32:44 ați scris:
> >> I'm attaching a file
> >> containing the following
> >
> > Hi Allan,
> >
> > I've been a bit busy lately, sorry for the delay. I've just managed to
> > start working today on this task and when I unzipped the archive I saw
> > that it does not contain what it should :). I guess that you
> > accidentally sent me the archive containing the executable of the csv
> > importer that you've sent earlier to the list to be added to misc. I'm
> > waiting for the archive with the plugin... :)
>
> Honestly!!!*&^%  So sorry, two files with the same name.  And too many
> folders open when making attachments.  Let me try again.  I've just
> opened the attachment, and this time it is what it should have been.
>
> Just one point, though, the tester is based on CPPUNTTEST.  I'm just
> starting to look at that.  Perhaps you can ignore that aspect for the
> moment?
>
> Allan

So I've started reviewing the plugin. First of all I'd like to ask you about
your intentions with this plugin. Do you intend to develop it by your own or
would you like it to be added to the kmymoney source tree under the plugins
directory? That would mean that the plugin would get KDE translation and it
would be shipped with kmymoney. I'm guessing you would like the second version
since you've sent it to the list.

In order for that to happen the code needs a lot of cleanup. I would mention
here the following:
- generated ui files are not part of the source code
- the #ifdefs for plugin/exec compilation have to go I think
- the stdlib includes that are not really used have to go
- include files cleanup (see the techbase article on include files)
- the way the plugin keep it settings now it's pretty bad (
KSharedConfig::openConfig("/home/aga/.kde4/share/config/csvimporterrc");) this
has to be done the proper way
- there are too many global variables/file which make the code hard to
understand

I already done some of the needed cleanup and propose the following: if I get
you go ahead (as the author of the plugin) after a bit of cleanup I'll commit
the code and we can work together from there to maintain it and to improve it.
That will make it harder to build the csv importer as a standalone
application. If you would like to keep it as a standalone application also
then I would suggest that you keep maintaining the plugin (as it is a plugin
you can provide a separate package for it).

I would also need some short info about the main components:
- csvimporter
- csvimporterdlg
- investmentdlg
- redefinedlg
What is the purpose of them and why do they depend on each other?

I'm sending this to the list so the others can take part in the discussion.

Cristian Oneţ