[Kmymoney-devel] Securities dialog

allan aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Jun 24 00:57:34 CEST 2010

On 23/06/10 17:37, allan wrote:
> On 23/06/10 17:13, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 9:04 AM, allan <aganderson at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
>>> On 23/06/10 03:59, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
>>>>

>>> Another 'Sorry,  I'm back', but this time with just a query.
>>>
>>> My Accounts List includes the following entries : -
>>> Fund A, Fund A (ISA07/08), Fund A (ISA08/09), and Fund A (ISA09/10).
>>> The Investments view Equities tab shows those same accounts.  The
>>> Securities tab shows just a single, common security.  All that is fine
>>> and how I set it up.
>>>
>>> Looking now at the Prices Editor, that security appears on one line, and
>>> showing : -
>>> Fund A, Fund A , Fund A (ISA08/09), and Fund A (ISA09/10).
>>> So, Fund A (ISA07/08) seems to be missing the suffix part of its name,
>>> or at least that is how it appears.
>>>
>>> Another account shows another similar anomaly, whereas a third set up in
>>> the same way, does not.
>>>
>>> Why might that be (probably down to me!), but more importantly, how do I
>>> sort it?
>>>

>> The code only retrieves the name for the account. There is no
>> additional processing other than adding a ", " if there's more than
>> one account for a price. Are you sure those are the account name and
>> not the trading symbols?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alvaro
>

> No, there is just the one symbol, '8AI', that all the investment
> accounts use.   The names I quoted from the Prices Editor, are all in
> the one Stock Name column.
>
> I was sort of expecting that name to correspond to the name that appears
> in both the Securities tab and the Equities tab, so I don't quite
> understand from where the Prices Editor can be picking them up.  The
> names now are the ones provided by specifying the single common symbol
> when creating the accounts.
>
> If there's not some subtle difference in how the Prices Editor extracts
> the stock name, compared to how the tabs both do it, presumably from the
> same table, then I'm a bit stumped.
>
> Either way, though, it looks like there are still some loose ends
> lurking in my file.
>
> Allan

Hopefully, this is now all put to bed.  All four funds use the same
symbol, but for each of these there is a record with a pointer to the
account id and to the parent account id.  Also, it includes the security
name.  These names didn't all tally, and as the Prices Editor,
presumably, has to scan the whole table, it finds all four names,
including their differences.  The Securities tab, perhaps, just looks at
each id in the list and reports the symbol, but doesn't need to look for
duplicates.

All now looks good, after the editing of three records in the xml file.