[Kmymoney-devel] Securities dialog

allan aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Wed Jun 23 14:04:33 CEST 2010

On 23/06/10 03:59, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 8:34 PM, allan <aganderson at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 22/06/10 20:10, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
>>>

>>> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 7:12 AM, allan <aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
>>> <mailto:aganderson at ukonline.co.uk>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     On 22/06/10 10:53, allan wrote:
>>>     > On 22/06/10 03:55, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
>>>     >> Ok, the investment list was simpler than expected.
>>>     >>
>>>     >> Jack, you have some documentation and screenshot update to do, as the
>>>     >> securities are now on a tab in the investments view.
>>>     >>
>>>     >> Regards,
>>>     >> Alvaro
>>>     >
>>>     > Hi Alvaro
>>>     >
>>>     > That looks good.  Except, here, when I open Investments view, equities
>>>     > tab, with acres of screen space available, it's necessary to use the
>>>     > horizontal scroll bar to actually see the price value.  Similarly,
>>>     only
>>>     > half the securities tab data is visible until scrolled.
>>>     >
>>>     > Could those table windows be made wider, do you think, please, and the
>>>     > name column to expand to the data width?
>>>

>>> Done in SVN.
>>>

>>>     >
>>>     > Thanks
>>>     >
>>>     > Allan
>>>
>>>     Sorry, back again.  It would be even better if the name and symbol
>>>     columns could be sorted via the column header.
>>>
>>>     Might it be an idea too for the Prices Table to be moved to the
>>>     investments view?  It would seem a natural fit there.  Oh, but there are
>>>     currencies still in it, and they are in the Currencies Editor too.
>>>

>>> Prices has data that belong to multiple views, as opposed to securities,
>>> which only belong to investments.
>>>

>>>     While I'm on about the Prices Editor, many thanks for the inclusion of
>>>     the Stock Name.  I think there's a bit of a problem though.  The list
>>>     for me starts off with three entries for the first symbol, which is
>>>     correct for me (that's the problem I need to fix.)  the second and third
>>>     though have a blank stock name, while the first has four entries some of
>>>     which belong to the missing items below.  Like "FundName, FundName,
>>>     FundName (08/09), FundName (09/10).
>>>
>>> That means that those stocks are using the first price, and not the
>>> other three.
>>>
>>> What the algorithm does is, look for all stock accounts, then create a
>>> map for each currency found and add the currency id as key, and the
>>> stock name as value.
>>> By this logic, all funds are using the first currencies. The remaining
>>> currencies are not being used by any stock.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Alvaro
>>>

>> Hi Alvaro
>>
>> That helps a lot!  I'm pleased to say that the block delete and the
> [...]

Another 'Sorry,  I'm back', but this time with just a query.

My Accounts List includes the following entries : -
Fund A, Fund A (ISA07/08), Fund A (ISA08/09), and Fund A (ISA09/10).
The Investments view Equities tab shows those same accounts.  The
Securities tab shows just a single, common security.  All that is fine
and how I set it up.

Looking now at the Prices Editor, that security appears on one line, and
showing : -
Fund A, Fund A , Fund A (ISA08/09), and Fund A (ISA09/10).
So, Fund A (ISA07/08) seems to be missing the suffix part of its name,
or at least that is how it appears.

Another account shows another similar anomaly, whereas a third set up in
the same way, does not.

Why might that be (probably down to me!), but more importantly, how do I
sort it?