[Kmymoney-devel] Prices dialog

aga aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 13:14:40 CEST 2010

On Monday 14 Jun 2010 03:57:21 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Ok, I'm done with the prices dialog for the moment.
> There is one minor issue remaining, which is the sorting for the date
> column. At the moment the sorting is done like a regular string.
> That will be fixed when we implement the prices model, which is a low
> priority for the time being.
> Anyway, there is now a search bar which makes it really easy to locate a
> price you are looking for.
>
> Now, please test it and give your feedback if there are errors/suggestions.
>
> Regards,
> Alvaro

Hi Alvaro

Funnily enough, I was just thinking yesterday that I should be putting in a
wish-list item for the prices dialog.

There are two requests:-

1) I have prices entries for old securities and want to remove them,  Sadly,
this can be done only one line at a time, and what I would like is the ability
to do a block delete.

2) Also, partly in connection with the above, but also as a separate wish,
would be the display of the account name alongside each entry.  In my prices
list I have more than one separate entry for a few securities.  I don't mean
different prices, but, with the 'display every entry' UN-checked, a few prices
show more than once.  This probably goes back to when I split up some funds
that I had bought at different times and unfortunately gave them each a
duplicate security instead of sharing the one.  I have now corrected that and
they do now share the one security, but the old entries remain and I want to
remove them, but there is no indication of which prices belong to which
account and which are therefore redundant.

If the price entry had with it the account name it would be easy to see which
prices list entry referred to which account.   Also, though, I don't use the
symbol on a day-so-day basis, and am much more comfortable seeing the security
name rather than its symbol.

OH, and as an aside, sorry but I crashed it!  I wasn't trying to, and wasn't
doing anything silly, but exactly what caused it I don't know at the moment.
I'll submit the BT.