[Kmymoney-devel] Request to move KMyMoney to extragear/office

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 09:23:31 CEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Christoph Feck <christoph at maxiom.de> wrote:
> Thanks for the hint Cristian!
>
> When I add "kmymoney" after "tellico" in CMakeLists.txt, then I get the error
> I posted. When I comment out "tellico", then "kmymoney" builds fine.  When I
> add "kmymoney" before "tellico", then "kmymoney" builds fine, but "tellico"
> errors out with the linker errors you are seing.
>
> That needs to be resolved, so that both modules can be added to the top-level
> CMake file.

I was hoping you wouldn't say that :). I agree with a fix that can be
done in the office/CMakeLists.txt file (if there is such a fix) but
changing either one of the applications (kmymoney or tellico) just
because they are in the same place in the KDE SVN sounds like a bad
idea. I mean why would two completely different applications influence
one another? The way that the build (the office level one) is done now
opens the door for a lot of hard to spot errors just because two
unrelated applications have some overlapping internal naming. So my
solution would be to stop using the same 'lib' folder for all
applications under office to avoid conflicts.

Regards,
Cristian