[Kmymoney-devel] Manual chapters for FAQ and Installation

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 24 01:01:23 CEST 2010

On 2010.07.23 18:50, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > On 2010.07.23 17:00, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> >> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 5:51 PM, Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
[snip]
> You could add that there are mostly 2 kind of packages. Those that
> are release version (3.97.2, 1.0.5, 3.98.1) and those which are
> snapshots from the repository, and show the current state of
> development (-cvs, -svn packages). Regular users are recommended to
> use only released versions, and those brave ones can take a look at
> the state-of-the-art by installing the repo snapshots.
I'll try to emphasize this better.  It's obvious if you already
understand it. :-)  I'm not saying much about the 1.0.x versions beyond
historical context.

>>> There are similar packages for OpenSuse (Packman), Mandriva (Jose
>>> Jorge's RPMs) and Arch (my AUR packages). Should we include these,
>>> or should the handbook just point to the web page, and we can add
>>> them there?
> The forum has an intent of a list, but I don't think it's up-to-date.
I meant the techbase project home page, not the forum or mailing list.

Anyway - I just made the initial commit to svn, so you can look and see
if there is anything else to modify.