[Kmymoney-devel] what to do with old enhancement suggestions

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at kde.org
Thu Jul 15 04:43:58 CEST 2010

Hello Jack,

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Good afternoon,
>
> I'm going through nearly 900 old emails from all three KMM mailing
> lists to find things I need to do in the manual.  Among the emails are
> a number of minor bugs and enhancement requests that were deferred
> because it was just before the 1.0 release.  I've already sent separate
> messages about a few of them, but I don't want to inundate the list.
> I suppose my best bet is to just save them for now, and eventually see
> that they get entered appropriately on BKO.

Some issues will be deprecated, some have to be revisited. IMHO, we
should port the bugs, and then at some point get a feature plan
together for the coming versions. When we look at specific issues, we
can go through the archives to check which ones apply.
I wouldn't migrate all the feature request en masse, because it would
flood us and we don't have the manpower to fix them all.

> As part of this - what are the plans for the 1.0 series?  I have not
> touched its documentation at all - even to update the version number in
> the manual.  It's certainly a lower priority than the new version, but
> I suppose I should at least add some mention suggesting users upgrade
> to the new version - but we obviously can't be too strong about it
> until the new version makes it into the distros as a stable release.

The 1.x series is going into sunset. Once we are confident with the
stability of the KMM4 series, it will be frozen for anything but
serious security issues, but there is no decision on the specific
timeline yet. I wouldn't add anything to the documentation for now.

Regards,
Alvaro