[Kmymoney-devel] Payee completion - still having problems

allan aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Jul 10 23:25:23 CEST 2010

On 10/07/10 13:39, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 4:55 AM, tonyb <tonyb.lx at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> On Thursday 08 Jul 2010 15:43:40 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
>>> you have to press Enter on the payee list to get the previous transaction
>>>  list. That behaviour changed some time ago, because of some conflicts with
>>>  something else, but I'm not exactly sure because I wasn't involved in it.
>>
>> Open the attached file with transcation form turned off, and auto-create
>> payees on. Open the ledger for Asset:bank and enter a new transaction. In the
>> Payee field, type Arg<TAB>.
>>
>> Result in KDE3, the payee name is completed as Argos, and the cursor rests
>> after the last letter. Pressing Enter here causes the previous transaction
>> dialog to appear.
>>
>> Result in KDE4, the payee name is completed as Argos, but the cursor moves to
>> the Category field. With the mouse, moving the cursor back to the end of the
>> Payee field and pressing Enter causes the incomplete transaction to be entered
>> in the ledger. In this case, it also gets entered with the wrong payee, i.e.
>> not Argos as displayed. In other cases, I have seen transactions get entered
>> with the displayed name deleted (blank) or with the memo field displayed
>> instead.
>>

> I just tried it here in KMM4.
> I entered some of the letters of the payee, pressed the arrow keys
> down a few times to select the correct payee. I pressed Enter and the
> transaction showed up. I selected the transaction, pressed Enter, and
> the data got autocompleted.

I've been trying this, and what I see is more like how Tony describes it.

But, I got interrupted by a reproduceable crash.

1) Create a new transaction.
2) Enter the first three letters of a payee that has two possibilities.
3) Hit TAB.
-- The first of the two possibilities is selected and the cursor moves
to category.
4) I don't wan't the first, I want the second so double click the payee
name to select it.
5) Hit Delete.
--  KMM crashes with Segmentation fault and no BT.
6) Repeat from top and it crashes every time.

Variation A
4a) The first is Tesco Garage, the second is Tesco.  Highlight Tesco
Garage and type 'tes'.
5a) Click Enter twice (the first just removes the payee options.
6a) To the message 'Do you want to add tes as payer/receiver ?' select No.
-- KMM crashes as above.

Variation B
1) Create a new transaction.
2) Enter the first three letters of a payee that has just one possibility.
3) Hit TAB.
4) As for Tony, move cursor to end of correct payee name and hit Enter.
-- The transaction is entered with just date and amount 0.00, with blank
payee.