[Kmymoney-devel] Payee completion - still having problems

tonyb tonyb.lx at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 10 09:55:48 CEST 2010

On Thursday 08 Jul 2010 15:43:40 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> you have to press Enter on the payee list to get the previous transaction
>  list. That behaviour changed some time ago, because of some conflicts with
>  something else, but I'm not exactly sure because I wasn't involved in it.

Open the attached file with transcation form turned off, and auto-create
payees on. Open the ledger for Asset:bank and enter a new transaction. In the
Payee field, type Arg<TAB>.

Result in KDE3, the payee name is completed as Argos, and the cursor rests
after the last letter. Pressing Enter here causes the previous transaction
dialog to appear.

Result in KDE4, the payee name is completed as Argos, but the cursor moves to
the Category field. With the mouse, moving the cursor back to the end of the
Payee field and pressing Enter causes the incomplete transaction to be entered
in the ledger. In this case, it also gets entered with the wrong payee, i.e.
not Argos as displayed. In other cases, I have seen transactions get entered
with the displayed name deleted (blank) or with the memo field displayed
instead.

--
Cheers,

TonyB