[Kmymoney-devel] currency selector button label

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jul 5 16:10:13 CEST 2010

While I agree with sticking with KDE standards/guidelines, as a user, I
assume that "OK" means do something, and there should be a "Cancel"
button if I want to quit the dialog without doing anything.  If there
is an "Apply" button (in this case "Set as baseline currency") and the
"OK" button never does anything and is (in my opinion) better labeled
"Exit" or "Close," especially if it does not also apply the change.

In this case, if you select a different currency, the "Set ..." button
becomes un-grayed, and clicking "OK" really does just exit without
changing the currency.  That's not what I expect an "OK" button to do.
Would it make sense here then to add a "Cancel" button, which becomes
active at the same time the "Set ...." button does?

Is there a better place to discuss this - as a general KDE UI issue?