[Kmymoney-devel] contact info for manual

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 14:27:08 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Jack <ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> The current contact the developers / reporting bugs page in the manual
> says to use the address of this list.  Should we also include the
> user-list as a place to get help?  (It's included as an ENTITY, but
> apparently not used anywhere.)

This prompts a question that I was going to ask. We're about to
release the stable version. Should we request the creation of a
mailing list for users in kde.org? As part of our migration away from
Sourceforge into KDE, I think it's the way to go, and the timing is
correct now that we are releasing the stable version KDE4.
In that case, I would add that mailing list to the manual.

> Also - should we list the IRC channel,
> or perhaps say to check the home page to  find the best current contact
> info?

You also have the forums, I'd direct them to the home page for more
info and maintain in one place only.

> That also leads to the question of whether the irc channel should be
> made a bit more prominent on the home page.

The answers in IRC take hours if not days. I wouldn't make that a
preferred channel. ;)

> Thoughts?

See above.

Regards,