[Kmymoney-devel] porting the widgets to the qt model/view framework

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 16:35:13 CET 2010

În data de Sîmbătă 16 Ianuarie 2010 12:44:36 Thomas Baumgart a scris:
> On Saturday 16 January 2010 00:52:46 Cristian Oneţ wrote:
> > În data de Sîmbătă 16 Ianuarie 2010 01:50:01 Alvaro Soliverez a scris:
> > > It was natural to happen. From what I have seen in the accountselector
> > > class, you should have a model that loads the account list as-is, then
> > > have a proxy model to sort/filter where you can move all the logic
> > > that is now happening in the accountselector class itself. That way,
> > > we can reuse the account model better.
> > > Eventually, I think we'll have models for every object in mymoney,
> > > plus proxy models for the specific logic of the views or widgets.
> >
> > You've read my thoughts :).
>
> So I see, that we have a very good common understanding about the design of
> this area. One model that might become a bit tricky is that for
> transactions/splits. After all, we want to prevent loading all of the
> information from the backend into the model.

An initial implementation of the accounts model has been committed to SVN
toghether with a new account selector combo widget. The committed code is not
yet used in KMyMoney. I wanted to get your feedback before committing the
replacement of the old widget with the new one. I've attached a patch that
adds the new widget in the ledger, side by side with the old one, so you can
take a look at it.

Cristian Oneţ