[Kmymoney-devel] Feedback requested

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 19:31:21 CET 2010

On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 2:44 PM, Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what do you think: should we make all our plugins optional depending if we
> find required libs or rather make the libs a requirement when building
> KMyMoney and the plugins?
>
> See suggestion at http://pastebin.com/d56003848

It's rather tricky. On one side, if you build it from source, I think
it's better to make the plugins build if it finds the libs. On the
other hand, what about the packagers. Will they prepare the packages
so that plugins can be installed optionally? Will they enable the
corresponding to build KMM with all the plugins? Are those other
packages even available in those distros?

All in all, I think that building the plugins if the libs are there,
and if not, displaying the message is better than only building if the
flags are set, because it improves the visibility of the plugins.

Regards,
Alvaro