[Kmymoney-devel] buy shares - problem with amount / precision

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Feb 24 10:42:39 CET 2010

On Wednesday 24 February 2010 05:52:43 Ram Bhamidipaty wrote:
> In the 1.x version of kmymoney I seem to recall there being a
> way to control the precision of an investment account - is that
> still possible with the new 3.x version of kmymoney?

Yes.

> Related to this - I need to enter a transaction where I purchased
> 10.225 shares for a total cost of $100.00. The cost per share is
> listed as 9.78 - but that is approximate. How can I handle this?

Change the fraction of the investment. Open the investment view, select the
investment account and then the single investment. The second page of the
wizard allows you to set the fraction to 1/1000.

There is a global configuration option that controls the price precision.
Increase it.

Computer science terms (#095): PGP-Keysigning-Party
 The cult of sitting together and collectively mumbling magic numbers.
 -- Gert Doering