[Kmymoney-devel] svn kmymoney and akonadi

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Feb 23 08:29:59 CET 2010

On Tuesday 23 February 2010 06:48:29 Ram Bhamidipaty wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ran the svn build today and it came up OK. I am running a debug build
> so maybe that was not a good idea. It looks like kmymoney somehow launched
> a bunch of akonadi processes. They are generating huge amounts of output
> like this:
>
> [/usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_contact_feeder]
> [/usr/bin/nepomukservicestub] '' is not a UTF8 or latin1 string
>
> A google search showed the akonadi is some kind of PIM storage system.
>
> I don't think I need or want that. Can kmymoney work without it? What
> do I loose? Is there
> a simple way to shut it down?

There is no direct interaction between KMM and Akonadi. The only thing I can
think of is that there is a link between KMM and the KAddressbook which in
the back uses Akonadi.

I don't know how easy it would be to disconnect KMM from the address book. It
must be somewhere in the new user wizard AFAIR.

Don't know how much KDE technology you're using, but all KDE PIM applications
(Kontact, KMail, KAddressbook, KOrganizer) will sooner or later use the
Akonadi framework.

C makes it easy for you to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes that
harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg.
 -- Bjarne Stroustrup