[Kmymoney-devel] CSV Importer Plugin

aga aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Feb 22 14:07:32 CET 2010

> > I've been doing a bit of reading up, and yes, I can see that.  Already,
> > I've had to do a bit of redesign to allow testing.  Plus, I'm going to
> > have to move some error messages for the same reason.
> >
> > Just thinking ahead slightly, so far I've been working on a free-standing
> > version so as to get a simple executable and not mess things up in the
> > process.  What I'm unclear on is integrating back into KMM.
> >
> > Is it something like 'make test' and then run as normal, or what?
>
> To run the tests, you have to enable the tests in cmake or ccmake.
> Then, you make and make install, as usual, and finally you run make test

Thanks for that.

Sorry, but a couple more queries.

Firstly, to do with testing.  I've concentrated so far on my date conversion
routine, and I've been throwing a bunch of good and bad date formats at it.
If a valid date is found, I can unit  test against the expected output.
However, if an invalid date is found, not by unit test, but by the checking
routine, the error return just bypasses the unit test  ASSERT test.  Is that
the proper way to handle a program detected error, or what?

Secondly, I've not done anything about locales.  Perhaps I'd better look into
that first before asking daft questions.  Then I'll ask them.