[Kmymoney-devel] getting started with kmymoney development

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Feb 21 20:18:12 CET 2010

On Sunday 21 February 2010 19:58:48 Ram Bhamidipaty wrote:
> > I strongly suggest to use your distros KDE path for CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.
> > Otherwise, you will have trouble to see icons, plugins etc.  In case of
> > most this is /usr.  "kde4-config --prefix"  will tell you.
>
> OK. I can do this.
>
> The main concern for me is to ensure that I always have a version of
> kmymoney that works. Is there a way to keep the development and production
> versions separate?

Well, that is what SVN is good for in the first place. I usually have two
source sandboxes here, one for development and the other with a know state
that works. This way I can install/uninstall w/o problems.

1.0.2 and 3.9x should run in parallel, depending if your distro can install
Qt3 and Qt4 in parallel.

Vista is the abrreviation of
'Viruses, Instability, Spyware, Trojans, Adware'...