[Kmymoney-devel] getting started with kmymoney development

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Feb 21 19:41:29 CET 2010

On Sunday 21 February 2010 19:09:10 Ram Bhamidipaty wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build the svn version of kmymoney.
> With todays update to revision # 1093902 I am
> getting a build problem:
>
> Linking CXX executable kmymoney
> /usr/lib/libkabc.so.4.4.0: undefined reference to
> `KDebug::hasNullOutput(QtMsgType, bool, int, bool)'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This looks more like a libkabc problem to me, but I might be wrong.

> My cmake line looked like this:
>
> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/tools/kmymoney2_svn -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug

I strongly suggest to use your distros KDE path for CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.
Otherwise, you will have trouble to see icons, plugins etc.  In case of most
this is /usr.  "kde4-config --prefix"  will tell you.

> Any suggestions on how to debug this?

Not really. I don't have a KDE 4.4 here to verify this.

How many programmers does it take to change a
light bulb? None. It's a hardware problem!