[Kmymoney-devel] Can't remove payee from transaction (3.95)

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 17 18:55:23 CET 2010

For transfer transactions, I prefer not to specify a Payee.  I can
create such a transaction with no problem.  However, when I download an
OFX from my bank, a transfer shows up as a payment, and I used to (in
1.0) edit the transacion, delete the payee, change the transaction type
to transfer, and add the other account.  In the new version, I do
exactly the same thing, but when I save the transaction, the payee is
still there.

There is another minor difference between 1.0 and 3.95, although this
is from memory since I don't have a copy of the old version installed.
In 1.0, I had to explicitly hit ESC or click in another field when
leaving the Payee field blank, or else it would just insert whatever
payee was selected in the drop-down.  In 3.95, I can just tab out of a
blank payee field - which is fine for a new transaction, but if I'm
deleting a payee when editing a transaction, it shows a blank payee
field, but it doesn't actually delete it, and the original payee shows
up after I have saved the transaction.