[Kmymoney-devel] CSV Importer Plugin

allan aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Wed Feb 17 00:31:58 CET 2010

On 16/02/10 17:42, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 1:44 PM, allan <aganderson at ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
>> I realise you guys are up to your armpits, but I now have my importer
>> working in 3.96 (from tarball) and am wondering what should happen next?
>>
>> The change involves an additional plugin folder and a one-line addition
>> to CMakeLists.txt in kmymoney/plugins/ .  I've tested it with about 8-9
>> different institutions/formats/locale.
>>
>> The GUI allows for file selection, date format, file encoding (although
>> I've tended to concentrate on UTF-8), field delimiter (',',  ';',  ':',
>>  'tab').
>>
>> Then the fields 'number', 'date', 'payee/description',  and 'amount' or
>> 'debit' and 'credit' columns can be selected. Oh, and a memo field
>> allows multiple selection in case non-standard input data needs to be
>> collected.   Finally, the first and last lines are specified, to allow
>> for headers and trailers in the input file.  Then, either the data is
>> imported into KMM, or dumped to QIF file.
>>
>> Does anyone else have access to csv files to test further?  Also, of
>> course, someone will need to review it for glaring/gross problem areas.
>>  In the mean time, I've some final tidying/ testing to do.
>
> @Cristian,
> can you handle the review of this from the point of view of how to
> manage plugins?
> So that it is similar code-wise to the existing ones.
>
> @Allan,
> have you created unit tests for your code?
> For the non-GUI code, I mean.
>
> Regards,
> Alvaro

Hi Alvaro

Always wondered what they were!  Once I've finished the tidy-up, I'll
look into them.

Hi Christian

I'll drop a tarball to you once I've done.  I've borrowed a few bits
from here and there - the rest, I have to accept responsibility for, so
style-wise, well, I suppose willing amateur covers it.