[Kmymoney-devel] CSV Importer Plugin

allan aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Tue Feb 16 17:44:05 CET 2010

I realise you guys are up to your armpits, but I now have my importer
working in 3.96 (from tarball) and am wondering what should happen next?

The change involves an additional plugin folder and a one-line addition
to CMakeLists.txt in kmymoney/plugins/ .  I've tested it with about 8-9
different institutions/formats/locale.

The GUI allows for file selection, date format, file encoding (although
I've tended to concentrate on UTF-8), field delimiter (',',  ';',  ':',
 'tab').

Then the fields 'number', 'date', 'payee/description',  and 'amount' or
'debit' and 'credit' columns can be selected. Oh, and a memo field
allows multiple selection in case non-standard input data needs to be
collected.   Finally, the first and last lines are specified, to allow
for headers and trailers in the input file.  Then, either the data is
imported into KMM, or dumped to QIF file.

Does anyone else have access to csv files to test further?  Also, of
course, someone will need to review it for glaring/gross problem areas.
 In the mean time, I've some final tidying/ testing to do.