[Kmymoney-devel] svn testing/install question

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 07:36:09 CET 2010

On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 12:33 AM, Jack <ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I finally got the 3.95 release installed under Gentoo.  I'd like to
> also have a local copy of the latest svn version for testing, but I
> don't want to overwrite the stable distro package.  I can set the
> CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to ~/KMM, but it obviously still has problems
> finding the new libraries.  Is there any reasonable way to run the
> newly compiled svn version without conflicting with the distro
> installed version?

Hi Jack,

I'm running exactly the same set-up. One, let's call it 'release',
version of kmymoney (which is a SVN version installed on the system
and updated whenever I want) with which I keep my finances and one
'development' version installed somewhere under my home directory that
I use for developing. I would say that this set-up works without any
problems (besides the plugins - the ones installed by the 'release'
version are always loaded) as long as you run 'make install' after
you've set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX.

Regards,
Cristian