[Kmymoney-devel] svn testing/install answer

pml1 at wuzel.de pml1 at wuzel.de
Mon Feb 8 07:03:38 CET 2010

Hello,

Am Montag, 8. Februar 2010 02:55:37 schrieb Alvaro Soliverez:

> you should be able to have both installed side-by-side, since the
> executable and folder names are different.
>
> The KDE4 executable and folder are named kmymoney, while the older
> ones are called kmymoney2.

I think Jack wants to run 3.95 and latest svn in parallel, so both are KDE4:

> >> I finally got the 3.95 release installed under Gentoo.  I'd like to
> >> also have a local copy of the latest svn version for testing, but I
> >> don't want to overwrite the stable distro package.

Jack already found a way to do this. I do this differently  by skipping the
install step completely and running the script kmymoney.shell in the directory
build/kmymoney. This script is generated during build. If I want to debug, I
simply insert "gdb" in the right place in this script.

Peter