[Kmymoney-devel] Re: User Help for CSV Plugin

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 13:58:57 CET 2010

On Wednesday 01 December 2010 14:04:46 allan wrote:
> Not in the latest patch set, I've added some user help, from the Help
> button.  This brings up a window containing a plainTextEdit widget,
> which has about 9 paragraphs of help, mostly relating to investment
> import.  I wanted this to be readily available to the user.
>
> Is there any problem with this approach, apart from the needed
> translations?  I did ask a question about 'help' a while ago but no-one
> responded, so this is my version.

I don't agree with doing this. Descriptive text intended to document a feature
should definitely go into the user manual. A good place to add documentation
about this plugin is this [1] chapter of the manual. The sources of the manual
can be found in /trunk/extragear/office/doc/kmymoney/ in the KDE SVN repository.
If you are not familiar with the docbook format Jack can help you.

[1] http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/kde4/online-manual/details.impexp.html

Cristian Oneț