[Kmymoney-devel] Is there a cache for accounts balance?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Aug 29 18:10:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

on Sunday 29 August 2010 16:24:30 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:

> Hello all,
> I've been doing some callgrind tests to check the startup performance.
> One thing I noticed is that almost a 10% of the time is spent
> calculating balances.
> For a normal start, balances are needed by forecast, reports and the home
>  view.
>
> Do you think it would be worth to cache the balance data on MyMoneyFile?

That's already done. Once the XML file is loaded, the method
MyMoneySeqAccessMgr::rebuildAccountBalances() is called which caches the
balance with each MyMoneyAccount object.

Also, MyMoneySeqAccessMgr::balance() maintains a cache.

The problem is, that you cannot cache 'the' balance of an account, as it may
be different for each date.

If you pay peanuts, you'll get monkeys.