[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney - Matching Issue with CSV Importer Plugin

allan aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Aug 14 13:04:08 CEST 2010

I'm nearly there with the CSV Importer Plugin, but have found an issue
with one of my test files.  It was sent to me a while ago by a lister
who needed to import a csv file from a Spanish bank, and was provided
mainly as an illustration of the format, but has probably been 'edited',
and perhaps is not exactly a likely situation, but shows a
not-impossible one.

The issue concerns item matching.  The file contains several duplicated
transaction occurring on the same date, and can be boiled down to this:-

13/08/2010,payee1,10.00
13/08/2010,payee2,10.00
13/08/2010,payee3,10.00

The csvimporter can output either via the plugin facility directly into
KMM, or alternatively produce a QIF file for import.  With this test
file I get different results (bearing in mind that both have the same
source.)

Apart from the fact that they get assigned an unconnected payee (an
issue I've reported previously), what happens with the csv plugin import
is that I get all three imported, but with a match occurring on two of
them.  In Ledger view, I see 'KMyMoney has matched a downloaded
transaction with a manually entered one... .  The third identical one is
shown separately.  No duplicate is flagged.

When imported via QIF, all three items show up as separate.

With a real-life import of 29 items, all that should match, do match.
There is though an occurrence of two items that were imported being
matched against each other when they should not have been.  These were
on the same day, and for the same amount, but with a differing
payee/detail/description field.

Why do two imported transactions get matched, as though one were
manually entered and the other imported?

Thanks