[Kmymoney-devel] Plan for this release

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 04:48:32 CEST 2010

Hello all,
first of all, congratz to all on a great release.

I would like to start the discussion on the plans for this release.
It is special due to a number of items:
- It will be a release candidate, which means our focus should be on
stabilization
- The KDE Finance sprint is a week before the string-freeze, and three
of us are going. That will take some time out of our development. That
meeting, however, will probably bring new ideas into the table as to
how to move forward
- After this release, we'll probably start the process to move to
extragear, which involves at least a 2-week stay in kdereview

Taking all this into account, I think our focus should be on:
- Bugs: there are only 10 or so now, but we can expect more to come.
There were over 30 new bugs during the latest cycle
- Continue the port to Qt4 widgets, particularly the low-hanging
fruit, like Q3PtrVector, Q3GroupBox, etc. Even some simple K3ListView
widgets could be done.
- New features, if there are any, should be put up for review by all
before commit, to be assessed for stability.

Thought, ideas, suggestions? It's your work, so speak up.

Regards,
Alvaro