[Kmymoney-devel] WebPriceQuote object

tonyb tonyb.lx at ntlworld.com
Wed Sep 16 10:32:52 CEST 2009

First off, sit well back from your screens. I've just had the flu and wouldn't
like to infect you all :-)

On Wednesday 16 Sep 2009 00:33:11 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> >> There are several code paths for non-interactive executables, controlled
> >> by
> >> checking "if (! kapp)".  kapp is always true, whether it is set to false
> >> in
> >> main() in kmymoney2/kmymoneytest.cpp or not.

I always assumed that this test was to detect whether we were in unit test or
application mode, though I can't quite remember how I came to that conclusion!
I presumed the idea was to do unit tests offline.

> >> is a separate class for handling the Perl Finance::Quote script, so I
> >> don't
> >> really know how to test this branch.  Does anyone have an example, or
> >> would
> >> you suggest removing this branch, and creating a class similar to the
> >> one for
> >> Finance::Quote if/when more scripts are added?

I added the Finance::Quote branch when I rewrote the Gnucash importer, since
F::Q is what Gnucash uses (or used to anyway). I'm not sure of the support
status of that package these days, so I wouldn't be surprised to find that
some sources no longer work.

I also wrote the financequote.pl script, based on one supplied by Gnucash.
They also had a script called update-finance-quote which would upgrade to the
latest version. I just installed Gnucash 2.3 and I don't see it there. I'll
look into it a bit.

--
Cheers,

TonyB