[Kmymoney-devel] Naming

claydoh claydoh at claydoh.com
Tue Sep 15 15:46:17 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 15 September 2009 09:35:04 am Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Thomas said he had a preference for "Koins". :D :D
>
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Michael Wolfe <wolfemi1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'll put my vote in for KMoney, I think it sounds more solid and
> > professional, unless someone else has a better name that hasn't been
> > mentioned yet.  :)
> >
> > -Mike
> >
> > Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> >> Hello all,
> >> rather sooner than later we have to decide what to do with the name of
> >> KMyMoney.
> >> For now, we just dropped the 2 in the repository name, but it still
> >> remains everywhere in the code. We also bumped the version number to
> >> 3.95.
> >>
> >> What do you think? Should we stick to KMyMoney? We just drop the "2",
> >> change that everywhere we have to, and move on?
> >> Do we change the name to something else? There was a thread some time
> >> ago in the user's list if it comes handy.
> >> http://www.nabble.com/KMM%27s-name-td21808529.html
> >>
> >> Also, we have to decide what to call the kmymoney product in the KDE
> >> Bugzilla. If we are sticking with KMyMoney, then we should call the KDE4
> >> version something different so we get the notifications in this mailing
> >> list, and not the SF one.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Alvaro

I am leaning towards KMoney, I know the trend away from the pervasive "K" is
popular, but we have an established product here with a history. Plus as MS
Money is/has been discontinued I think KMoney becomes more quickly
recognizable, especially as a windows version becomes available.

Monkey is good, too :)
Koins is , um, korny :D
--
Clay Weber (claydoh)