[Kmymoney-devel] Problem with settings dialog

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Oct 18 17:57:30 CEST 2009

Hi,

today I started playing with the QCA which should replace the home-brew style
usage of GPG in libkgpgfile.  Things are looking promising and as a first step
I tried to get the encryption settings dialog working.  That's where the
trouble started.

In KDE3 the KSettingsGpg::show() method gets called whenever the page becomes
visible. This is not the case in KDE4 anymore and I have no idea why. I even
tried to get rid of the KSettingsGpgDecl class by subclassing KSettingsGpg
directly from QWidget and Ui::KSettingsGpgDecl but to no avail.

Any ideas how to tackle the problem is greatly appreciated. If there is
another method to get control when the page is displayed that is also OK.

An optimist laughs to forget.
A pessimist forgets to laugh.