[Kmymoney-devel] .xml save not working

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 23:40:25 CEST 2009

În data de Miercuri 30 Septembrie 2009 06:02:47 Alvaro Soliverez a scris:
> Hello all,
> just so you know, using a format with .xml extension results in the Save
> command not working.
> When you hit save, it seems to work, but if you close and reopen the file,
> nothing has been done.
> I'm not sure I will have time to look at it soon, so if anybody wants to
> jump in, you are welcome.
>
> Regards,
> Alvaro

I found out so far that the problem is that the KSaveFile is not opened when
saving as xml and the file already exists. This causes the save opration to
fail. A good place to open the file would be KMyMoneyView::saveFile (do it
always) but that seems to brake saving as kmy file. So I'll have to investigate
a bit further but if these observations give a clue to those of us who know
the application better and they can fix this faster, please do that ;).

Cristian Oneţ