[Kmymoney-devel] Going for a beta

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 04:06:24 CET 2009

Hello,
with the GPG code in, and with some issues still to be solved, but
nothing really critical, I would like to declare a string freeze, and
aim for a beta release by the end of the year.
I will be taking a vacation for 2 weeks in mid-December. If possible,
I would like to release sometime between Dec 20th and 30th. I know
it's a hard date for everyone, so we can delay until after New Year if
you think that's necessary.
Regardless of that, I would like to declare a string freeze now, so
that the kde-i18n teams have enough time. They are already overburden
with the KDE SC translation, so we have to give them at least a month
before release.
I'm confident that we are in good shape for a release and we need the
feedback that will come from it.

We can decide on the release date later, but a simple yes or no for
the string freeze will suffice now.

Regards,
Alvaro