[Kmymoney-devel] Fwd: Currency Codes now in kdelibs / kdebase

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 01:40:54 CET 2009

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Layt <johnlayt at googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 9:32 PM
Subject: Currency Codes now in kdelibs / kdebase
To: kde-i18n-doc at kde.org

As discussed earlier on this list, I managed to implement the Currency Code
support just before the freeze for 4.4.  The only translatable strings at this
time are the names of the currencies held in a bunch of .desktop files in
kdebase/runtime/localization.

This means that 205 new name strings will be turning up via scripty in the
next couple of days.  Most of these strings should already exist in KSpread,
KMyMoney, Skrooge, and a couple of other places, but may not exactly match in
format.  There are about 7 new currency names.

If you spot any spelling mistakes, or other errors in the currency or l10n
files, please let me know.

You can ignore all other fields in the currency .desktop files, although you
may want to manually edit in translations for the default currency symbol if
the multiple languages in your locale use different default symbols.

Thanks for your time and efforts, I appreciate it's a lot of strings, and
copy-and-paste is not much fun.

John.